I love avocados, period! My introduction to The Stuffed Avocado BLT, via The Pioneer Woman, over six weeks ago left me addicted to avocados. I have been preparing my version of this avocado recipe just about every day. The creaminess of this Non-Dairy Stuffed Avocado BLT Salad, the combination of the boatload of the crispy bacon and the fresh vegetables has taken my breakfast and brunch experiences to a whole new level. The Pioneer woman’s recipe like any BLT recipe includes; bread, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. In my recipe, I got rid of the dairy( mayonnaise) and instead substituted it with parsley, lime and olive oil. The parsley and the lime introduce the fresh aroma to the dish and the olive oil replaces the smoothness lost from the removal of the mayonnaise.
The thing I like about this recipe is that not only is it easy to make, it is also easy to modify to suit your taste just like I did. happy Cooking!!!
- 1 Avocado, whole
- 1 Slice of bread
- 2 Bacon Strips
- 1/2 Leaf of lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 tsp. Fresh parsley
- 1/2 Lime( for lime Juice)
- 1/2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt( to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Ground black pepper( to taste)
- Fry the bacon in a pan till brown. Drain bacon fat and let it cool down
- Toast the bread in the toaster till brown
- [url href=”undefined”][img src=”http://periperichef.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Non-Dairy-Stuffed-Avocado-BLT-Salad-periperichef-1.jpg” width=”720″ height=”480″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Non Dairy Stuffed Avocado BLT Salad periperichef 1″][/url]
- Dice bacon and bread into tiny pieces.
- Chop tomato and onion.
- mince lettuce and parsley
- Add bacon, bread, tomato, onion, lettuce and parsley into a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze in lime juice and drizzle olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix all ingredients
- [url href=”undefined”][img src=”http://periperichef.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Non-Dairy-Stuffed-Avocado-BLT-Salad-periperichef-2.jpg” width=”720″ height=”480″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Non Dairy Stuffed Avocado BLT Salad periperichef 2″][/url]
- Cut avocado lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Stuff the avocado with the salad mix, enjoy!!!